Due to boredom I sent myself to La Union. 🙈😂
It was Friday and was very tired from the day’s happenings. I was contemplating on whether I’ll go on an adventure or stay. 😟😦
Mind can’t describe well. A solo traveler friend of mine invited me to go with her to La Union on that very day. I was very indecisive. Was saying NO to her then later on said YES then NO again. HAHA until my wandering self decided it for me.
Perhaps you know by now what my decision was… 😀
- 0400: ETD San Juan, La Union from Cubao
- 1100: ETA – Surfing Area, San Juan La Union
- 1110: Lunch
- 1300: Check in at The Circle Hostel
- 1600: Surfing Time
- 1800: Sunset watching
- 1830: Back to accom
- 2000: Out for dinner
- 2200: Back to accom
- 2300: Rest/ sleep
- 0800: Woke up
- 0900: Breakfast
- 1000: Ride a jeep to San Gabriel Market
- 1030: ETA San Gabriel Market; tric to Tangadan
- 1100: ETA Tangadan jump off; start trekking
- 1200: ETA Tangadan Falls
- 1500: Trek back to Tangadan jump off
- 1520: Lunch at a store along the way
- 1535: Trek until reached jump off
- 1605: End trekking; ride tric going to San Gabriel
- 1635: ETA San Gabriel main town
- 1710: ETA San Juan via jeep
- 1800: check out
- 1830: arrived at the bus terminal for Manila
- 2000: ETD Manila
- 0230: ETA Manila
- 450PhP: overnight stay, hammock The Circle Hostel
- 200PhP: board rent
- 200PhP: guide
TOTAL EST COST: 1,843PhP (exclusive of food and fare from house to terminal vv)
WHERE TO STAY?
- There are plenty of accommodations you can choose from that’s near the beachfront, from the pricey villas up to the budget friendly home-stays. Make sure to have a reservation during peak season as well as during holidays. Below are sample of places to stay:
- The Circle Hostel
- P&M Final Option Beach Resort
- Flotsam and Jetsam Artists Hostel
- Isla Bonita Beach Resort
- Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa
- Awesome Hotel
- Sebay Surf Resort
- Surfer’s Inn
- The Little Surfmaid Resort
WHERE TO EAT?
- Gefseis Greek Grill
- Halo halo de Iloko
- Angel and Marie’s Surfer’s Retreat
- Seabay Surf Resort
- Surf Shack
- Bale Capampangan
- L.U. Bbq
- S.O.U.L (Spicy of Urban Life) Cafe
- The Hangout Philippines
- Urbiztondo Grill House
- Flotsam and Jetsam
Don’t worry there are so many restaurants to choose from, also fast-food stores are a jeep away from the surfing area. ☺ Don’t forget to ask help from Mr. Google for other suggested accommodations and food restaurants in town.
WHAT TO DO:
- Learn how to surf and ride with waves
- Trek, cliff diving at Disoor and Tangadan Falls
- visit Ma-Cho Temple
- visit Bahay na Bato
- walk to Poro Point Lighthouse
- Sightseeing at La Union Botanical Garden
- Pottery making in Taboc
Always, always never fail to check and read other blogs as well for your reference.
- Make sure you bring your beautiful summer wears and a rashguard as well.
- Wear your most comfortable beach outfits.
- LU wouldn’t be LU if you won’t chase with its waves, so make sure to go out there and surf.
- Don’t feel lonely when alone, be happy instead for you’ll meet tons of individuals just like you.
- Don’t miss to visit Flotsam and Jetsam Artists Hostel.
- You can D.I.Y Tangadan Falls, guide isn’t needed. Trail is clear and visible. Don’t be afraid if you’re walking alone you’ll meet others along the way.
- The Circle Hostel is a very chill place that you like to sleep and sleep and sleep… oh you’ll meet your fellow travelers there too.
- Urbiztondo Grill House usually takes time when serving orders make sure you’re not that hungry enough.
- If you like to dine in at Flotsam and Jetsam Artists Hostel make sure you go there early as people are coming and coming as the night is getting late.
So there, hoping I help you guys plan out your Elyu trip. For opinions/ suggestions/ comments feel free to send me a message, I’d gladly appreciate it. Happy safe travels everyone! ❤💋